Description: Central Baptist College’s Physical Plant Department is currently seeking and taking applications for a custodial assistant. This position is a full-time position providing janitorial services and helping maintain the Watkins building, as well as on occasion helping to maintain other buildings. This position will also assist the Physical Plant Department in preparing key areas for events and meetings.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Restrooms – Clean and disinfect toilets and urinals, clean and disinfect sinks, clean mirrors, sweep and mop floors, check, stock, and clean all dispensers (soap, paper towel, and toilet paper), and empty trash.
- Offices and Hallways – Vacuum carpet and rug areas, dust, sweep floors, mop floors, and empty trash.
- Classrooms – Clean and disinfect tables and chairs, vacuum carpet, clean windows, clean dry erase boards, and empty trash.
- Catering and Workroom – Clean and disinfect sink and countertops, sweep and mop floor, and empty trash and recycle bin.
- Other – Lock utility closets when not in use, buff all stained concrete floors as needed, spot clean all carpets as needed, check all windows and building daily.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Stock cleaning supplies as needed.
*Specific cleaning requirements and responsibilities will be adjusted as needed depending on task and event requirements.
Requirements: Strong cleaning skills, attention to detail, janitorial experience, strong customer relations skills, task oriented, self-motivated, planning skills, and knowledge of safety practices with use of cleaning supplies.
Qualifications: Candidates must support the Christian identity of the College and demonstrate mature faith, Christian lifestyle, and a strong belief in the Baptist Doctrine. Must be at least 18 years old, have previous work experience as janitor or custodian, must pass a background check, have good communication skills and have the ability to follow both written and oral direction, and must be able to do manual labor and lift objects of at least 20 pounds.
Interested candidates should send a letter of application, resume, and the names and contact information for three references to: Amanda Smart, Assistant Director of Physical Plant, at email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.