IT Support Specialist
Job Status: Full Time
Posted: June 27, 2017
Start Date: TBD
The IT Support Specialist shall report directly to the Director of Information Technology
Essential Job Functions
Diagnoses and resolves end-user software, network or local printer problems, hardware problems and e-mail, Internet, and local-area network access problems.
Works with third-party vendors to resolve technical problems with desktop computing equipment and software.
Responsible for obtaining and thoroughly documenting all pertinent information in the diagnosis and resolution of a problem using the Zen Desk tracking system.
Writes training manuals.
Trains end users on basic hardware, software and network resources, on a one-one basis.
Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with ELT, staff, faculty, and student.
Ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretion and judgment when handling sensitive data.
Additional responsibilities as assigned.
A positive professional attitude with strong background in customer service is a must.
Excellent interpersonal and communications skills (verbal and written).
Ability to effectively multi-task and adapt to a fast pace and continuously changing environment is required.
Demonstrated ability to diagnose and troubleshoot problems in an effective manner.
Demonstrated ability to capture and document all relevant details pertaining to a support issue.
Ability to follow special instructions and other knowledge documentation to determine the appropriate path to resolution for customer before consulting and/or escalating issues to other service department staff members.
High School Diploma or GED required
Associate's Degree in Computer systems/ related field or 2 years of equivalent experience preferred
Experience in the maintenance, troubleshooting and upgrading of computer equipment is preferred
Experience with Microsoft Office software
Experience with modern Microsoft operating systems
Prior experienced in a Service Desk or Desktop Support role
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified, to perform the essential functions.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Must have the ability to sit for extended periods of time; exhibit manual dexterity to dial a telephone, to enter data into a computer terminal; to see and read a computer screen and printed material with or without vision aids; hear and understand speech at normal levels and on the telephone speak in audible tones so that others may understand clearly in person and on the telephone; ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions; physical ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Duties are normally performed in an office environment.
Perform any other related duties as assigned by the Director of Technology or other appropriate administrators.
Qualified candidates should send a letter of interest, application
, current resume, and the contact information of three (3) references to HR@cbc.edu
or CBC Human Resources, 1501 College Ave, Conway, AR 72034. AA/EOE. Non-listed references may be contacted.
Mustang Outfitters Manager
Plans, directs, and coordinates the operations of the Mustang Outfitters campus store.
Store Hours: Monday
Monday-Thursday, 8:00am – 6:00pm & Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm
- 10 hours per week to cover the lunch hour of the manager and the 5pm-6pm Monday – Thursday hours. (NOTE: Additional hours are budgeted to cover personal, vacation, and sick days for the Manager.)
- Maintains and promotes the proper store image
- Including, but not limited to, the store front and sales floor
- Adhering to the CBC Style Guide guidelines
- Developing and implementing a marketing plan for the store to include social media
- Developing an online CBC store and procedures to ship items sold
- Developing guidelines for off campus entities that want to carry CBC merchandise and serving as the campus liaison for those vendors
- Communicates with the student body, alumni, employees, and community members to determine product to stock
- Day to Day Operations
- Assist customers in store
- Handles the safe and cash register
- Prints and keeps a running log of daily sales
- Submits reports to immediate supervisor and business office as requested
- Keeps store cleaned and straightened
- Supervises Student Workers
- Organizes and restocks items as needed: ordering, setting prices, tagging, entering into inventory, etc.
- Maintains inventory and compiles and submits inventory reports as requested
- Oversees the laminating of items
- Responsible for the ordering and inventory of the following items: clothing, CBC promotional/logo items, convenience items, school supplies, and mail supplies
- Assign post office boxes located in the Mabee Building to students and employees/departments
- Sort daily mail
- Meter all campus mail and process packages, certified mail, priority mail, etc. as requested
- Makes runs to the post office on an as needed basis
- Oversees the delivery of daily mail across campus
- Makes and posts signage on all campus buildings when campus will be closed as notification to the postal service and package delivery companies
- Miscellaneous Duties
- Orders, distributes, inventories, and restocks CBC letterhead and stationary
- Follows Business office and college policies and procedures
- Complete training as requested
- Notifies and Communicates with immediate supervisor regarding all procedures
- Performs related duties as required or assigned
Qualified candidates should send a letter of interest, application, current resume, and the contact information of three (3) references to HR@cbc.edu or CBC Human Resources, 1501 College Ave, Conway, AR 72034. AA/EOE. Non-listed references may be contacted.