Purpose: Maintain all student records in relation to their course billing, charges on account, payments received, and financial aid applied. Maintain a daily record of all such transactions.
- Prepare billings for student accounts, including any schedule changes due to add/drop of classes.
- Receive payments from students and log payments to their account. These can originate from cash, checks, credit card, wire transfer, and online payments.
- Run a weekly check on all student balances to check for credits on account that need to be refunded to students.
- Daily balance of all student account activity
- Log Financial Aid Loan and Pell Grant disbursements
- Work directly with students on setting up payment plans and verifying all payments made through payment plans.
- Answer any questions regarding student accounts in person, via phone/voice mail, or via email.
- Run bi-weekly check on outstanding balances; mail/email statements as needed. Send 30-day notices as needed and/or send a list of accounts to Collections Agency as needed.
- Receive and log payments received from collections agency on past due balances.
- Follow up with all accounts in collections and maintain list of accounts currently in collections.
- Prepare bank deposits as needed; take deposits to bank. Verify money collected from athletic events and dining services sales. Maintain petty cash.
- Receipting money from rental properties maintained by CBC.
- Other duties as assigned by Vice President of Finance or Senior Accountant.
Job knowledge and Skill requirements
Familiarity with Microsoft Office products; intermediate understanding of Excel a plus. Accounts receivable and general ledger reconciliation experience. Good communication skills in person, in writing, and over the phone. Ability to count money accurately; maintain good office files and records. Able to work in a high volume, high paced environment.
Physical and Mental Requirements
Minimum physical exertion. Position involves sitting for a majority of the day, but still requires mobility as duties will include coordinating with other departments on campus involving in person visits. Regular movement of materials weighing up to 10 pounds, and infrequent moving of materials up to 20 pounds.
Usual office conditions. Noise levels is typical for most office environments and involve regular phone calls, printers, and conversations between employees.
Minimum: High school diploma required. One-year experience in an accounts receivable position. Minimum two years’ experience handling money. Requires intermediate computer literacy, spreadsheet software, recordkeeping/bookkeeping principles. Must be detail oriented with accurate data entry skills; efficient verbal and written communication skills. The candidate must support the Christian identity of the college and demonstrate mature faith, Christian lifestyle, and a strong belief in the Baptist doctrine.
Preferred: Completed College level bookkeeping, business, and accounting courses. 3-5 years’ experience in accounts receivable position and 3-5 years’ experience handling money. Intermediate to advanced excel knowledge.
Job Application: Qualified candidates should send a completed application and resume to Human Resources, email@example.com. Review of applications is ongoing and will continue until the position is filled. In addition, the job announcement will be removed once the position is filled. CBC will conduct a criminal background investigation as part of the hiring process.
The above description covers the most significant duties performed but does not include other related work that may be required on occasion. This is an inside office position with minimal safety/health hazard potential.