(Conway, AR – March 13, 2020) – Due to the global spread of COVID-19, Central Baptist College is planning for the possibility of moving academic instruction to online course delivery. In order to give our faculty adequate time to prepare we are cancelling traditional classes on Wednesday, March 18 through Friday, March 20. Spring Break is scheduled for March 23-27. We plan to resume face to face course instruction for traditional classes on Monday, March 30; however, students and faculty should be prepared to continue learning in an online modality if deemed appropriate. PACE classes will move exclusively to online course delivery on Monday, March 16 until further notice. The planned Summer Study Abroad trip to Greece and Italy has been cancelled.
No confirmed cases of novel coronavirus, COVID-19, have been identified among any campus employees or students. We also do not have reason to believe that anyone on our campus has had contact with anyone presumed to have COVID-19.
Traditional students are strongly encouraged to attend classes on Monday, March 16 and Tuesday, March 17 in order to receive information from their faculty about a possible transition to online course delivery. Also during these two days, faculty will be assessing if students have access to appropriate technology to be able to receive online course delivery. Resource pages will be posted online soon for faculty and students with more information about online course delivery and CBC’s learning management system, Canvas.
The College is taking a measured response at this time to allow faculty time to prepare for the possibility of having to move academic instruction to online course delivery. Please note the following decisions about the campus schedule for Wednesday, March 18 – Friday, March 20:
- The campus will remain open on Wednesday, March 18 through Friday, March 20 for regular business hours. All employees should report to campus at their scheduled times.
- Traditional classes are cancelled.
- Campus tours for prospective students will be rescheduled.
- Residence Halls will also remain open and will close as planned for Spring Break on Friday, March 20 at 4:00pm. Residence Halls are planned to reopen at 3:00pm on Sunday, March 29.
- The Dining Hall will continue to operate with an altered schedule of lunch being served from 10:30am – 1:00pm and dinner being served from 4:45pm – 6:30pm. Breakfast will not be served.
- The Story Library and Café 52 will be closed.
- Maintenance will use this time for additional cleaning and sanitizing of the campus.
- Intercollegiate athletic competitions will continue as planned. Any changes will be posted at cbcmustangs.com and on Central Baptist College Athletics social media accounts.
Central Baptist College will continue to monitor the COVID-19 outbreak. We will communicate updates to employees and students through their college-issued “cbc.edu” email accounts.
Employees and students are encouraged to continue to practice the guidelines recommended by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). Those guidelines can be found at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html.
Daily updates about COVID-19 in Arkansas can be found on the Arkansas Department of Health website at https://www.healthy.arkansas.gov/programs-services/topics/novel-coronavirus
Back to News Listing