As I look back on the 2015 year, I am humbled at the way that God has continued to bless Central Baptist College. Here are just a few of the highlights from 2015:
- Celebrated the 15th Anniversary of the PACE (Professional Adult College Education) Program
- Launched the Mustang Advantage Loan Repayment Assistance Program for new students in our traditional program
- Record fall enrollment of 881 students
- Ranked as a “Best Regional College” by U.S. News & World Report
- Renovation and re-dedication of the Burgess Auditorium completed
- Named as the #1 Military Friendly School in the State of Arkansas for the 7th consecutive year
- Announcement of the addition of Men’s and Women’s Cross Country to our Mustang Athletic program.
I want to add one more highlight to the list for 2015! It is my desire that each student that chooses Central Baptist College will have the financial resources to make that dream a reality. Many are able to do that when they begin college. However, sometimes the student’s circumstances change after they start college. Unexpected expenses, job loss, or family tragedy occurs. Through no fault of their own, students are no longer able to meet their financial obligations and continue toward graduation. Because we want to see students continue their education and graduate, I am pleased to announce the creation of an “Emergency Scholarship Fund.” The Emergency Scholarship Fund will bridge the gap and allow students to continue their education at CBC when expected situations arise.
Please consider a “Year-End” gift to the Emergency Scholarship Fund. An investment in the Emergency Scholarship Fund is a direct investment in the life of a student and ensures that the mission of CBC continues. Please consider a gift of education this holiday season!
Though receiving a tax deduction should not be the primary motivation for giving, it may benefit you to make your gift before December 31. To receive a tax credit for 2015, your gift must be postmarked by December 31. You may also give a gift online at cbc.edu/giveonline until 11:59PM on December 31.
Any contribution can be designated as a memorial or honor gift. An acknowledgement note will be sent to the person(s) as you direct (without revealing the dollar amount of the gift). Don’t overlook the donation of appreciated assets as a gift option. You may be able to reduce your tax liabilities and also get the maximum charitable deduction. We are set up to receive non-cash contributions. Please contact Sancy Faulk, Vice President for Advancement, at 501-205-8799 or for assistance. Have a joyful and Merry Christmas!
President, Central Baptist College
Back to News Listing