Grants and scholarships are types of funding you receive for your education that you don’t have to repay. Some grants are awarded according to your financial need, some according to the number of hours enrolled, and some according to your major of study.
The following grants are awarded by the Federal Government and do not have to be repaid.
- Amounts range from $585 – $5730 per academic year
- Based on financial need
- Apply for a Pell grant by completing the FAFSA at www.fafsa.ed.gov Use school code: 001093.
Pell grant limits: Students can only receive a Pell Grant for the equivalent of 12 full-time semesters (6 years). It is critical that you stay on track with your degree plan so that you complete your education before you run our of Pell eligibility.
Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)
- Amounts range from $0 – $250
- Must have a “0 EFC” on the Student Air Report.
- Priority for this grant is reserved for those who complete their FAFSA earliest.
- Apply for F.S.E.O.G. by completing the FAFSA at www.fafsa.ed.gov