WISH Scholarship Criteria
DEADLINE: Scholarship applications are currently accepted year-round and will be awarded as funds are available.
The W.I.S.H Scholarship offers scholarships to women who are citizens of the United States of America and have been accepted into the Professional Adult College Education (PACE) program at Central Baptist College (CBC). Students must be degree-seeking, demonstrate financial need and not have already completed a Bachelor’s degree. Students are required to submit an application, a completed FAFSA form, three letters of recommendation (first-time applicants should not submit a letter from any current CBC employee), and a personal essay.
The scholarship committee consists of employees and faculty from CBC and community leaders.
Applicants will be scored by a scholarship committee* in four areas:
*The scholarship committee consists of employees and faculty from CBC and community leaders.
- Academics and Scholarship
- Letter of Recommendations (see Recommendation Form),
- Leadership, Extra-Curricular, and Community Involvement.
Ideal applicants will:
- Demonstrate good character, conduct, and academic performance,
- Have clear academic and career goals and a plan for reaching them,
- Demonstrate an ability to accomplish goals and overcome challenges,
- Understand how earning a degree will benefit themselves, their families, and their communities,
- Show involvement in their community.
Though not a requirement, special considerations will be given to:
- Residents of Arkansas,
- Previous enrollment at CBC,
- Prior education experience.
Funds received from this scholarship:
- Cannot exceed billed tuition,
- May only be applied to CBC’s current tuition rate,
- Cannot be given as a refund.
The applicant will also submit a 500-word, essay. The essay should be thoughtful and well-written with appropriate grammar, voice, and correct punctuation. It should reveal academic excellence with a compelling desire to pursue higher education, in spite of personal, socio-economic setbacks. The essay should discuss a definite plan to use completed education to upgrade skills for career advancement, to train for a new career field, or enter or re-enter the job market. Essay submission is included on the W.I.S.H. Scholarship Application form.
This scholarship can be renewed annually, though the award amount is subject to change. In order to continue receiving funds, applicants must demonstrate satisfactory academic progress for federal aid, maintain a GPA of 2.5 or above, complete at least 6 credit hours per semester in the PACE program, submit a letter of recommendation from a CBC employee, and submit an updated FAFSA form.
In order to apply, applicants should:
- Complete the W.I.S.H. Scholarship Application & Essay form,
- Complete the FAFSA form, found at: https://fafsa.ed.gov/
- Have 3 references submitted using the Recommendation Form.
For further questions or assistance in filling out these forms, email email@example.com or contact the Scholarship Committee Chair, Rachel Whittingham, by phone – 501-205-8876, or by email – firstname.lastname@example.org.