Central Baptist College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs, activities, or hiring process. Inquires regarding the non-discrimination policy should be directed to: Mechelle Cargile, Director of Human Resources, Human Resources Department, Watkins Academic Building, 1501 College Ave., Conway, AR 72034; (501) 205-8813
Job Status: Part-Time
Posted November 30, 2020
Journalism and Multimedia Adjunct
Start date: January 14, 2021
Central Baptist College’s Department of Communication is currently seeking adjunct faculty to teach courses in Journalism, Multimedia and Public Relations for the spring semester.
Job description – Teaching responsibilities for one or more of the following courses:
Public Relations Techniques, Integrated Media, and Reporting for Electronic Media. Descriptions are in the college’s online course catalog.
Qualifications: Successful candidates should have a thorough working knowledge of Journalism and Multimedia, commitment to high academic standards, dedication to student success, and excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Applicants must support the mission of the college.
Requirements: A Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Journalism, Multimedia, Public Relations or related field is required, with a master’s degree preferred. Preference will be given to applicants with work experience in broadcasting, video, photography, multimedia, or public relations. Candidates must possess a valid drivers’ license and pass a background check.
Qualified candidates should apply online and send a current resume and statement of faith to HR@cbc.edu. Non-listed references may be contacted.
Department: Physical Plant
Job Status: Full-Time
Start Date: TBD
Building and Grounds Maintenance Worker
The Building and Grounds Maintenance Worker shall report directly to the Director of Physical Plant
Essential Job Functions
- Perform monthly inspection and maintenance necessary to buildings
- Light carpentry, drywall, plumbing, electrical, painting repairs, and general custodial
- Generates, prioritizes, and completes work orders
- Orders & Maintains inventory of supplies (tools, light bulbs, ceiling tiles)
- Must be able to lift items up to 50 pounds
- Maintains thorough knowledge of power, water shutoffs, cleans out traps, fire extinguishers, fire pumps and fire hydrants, alarms, etc.
- Repairs wear and damage to building
- Cleans outside parking areas and sidewalks
- Services common area appliances, equipment, plumbing, and electrical systems
- Monitoring & assisting contractors on site
- Evaluate necessary repairs (plumbing, electrical, HVAC, painting and drywall, etc.), determine the expenses and submit report to Director of Physical Plant
- Perform minor electrical, HVAC, and plumbing repairs as needed, (replace or repair fixtures, toilets, pumps, fans, etc.)
- Submit Report/Repair Request for specialized maintenance necessary to maintain equipment and buildings such as electrical, plumbing, carpentry work, etc.
- Perform site inspections and insure that all equipment is operating properly
- Ensure that all hazardous material and chemicals are locked up and/or properly disposed of as required.
- Proper labeling, dilution and use of all chemicals
- Utilize designated personal protective equipment/supplies (gloves and masks) as required
- General maintenance of grounds (mowing lawn, trimming hedges, weeding, edging, etc.)
- Set-up/Tear-down for events and ministries
- Open/Close building for events and ministries
- Other routine maintenance and janitorial duties as assigned
- Handyman experience
- Knowledge of plumbing, electrical, and carpentry
- Must have a dependable vehicle & driver’s license to get to and from work, as well as trips to hardware store
- Maintains a daily log of completed tasks/checklists
- Familiarity with basic tools and their use
- Must be computer literate and be able to use computer-based program to create and track work orders
- Must be able to communicate with students, vendors, and management in a professional manner
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills and effective client/customer service skills
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to work effectively with a team
- Ability to work independently as needed to support the group effort
- Basic handling knowledge of chemical cleaning products
- Must be able to walk and/or stand over 90% of the time
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must be able to use both hands, arms, and legs
High School Diploma or GED required
3+ years’ experience required
Requirements: Qualified person will be experienced in performing building maintenance. Communication skills, interpersonal skills, professionalism and appearance must be excellent. Must represent the college in a professional manner at all times. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified, to perform the essential functions.
Perform any other related duties as assigned by the Director of Physical Plant or other appropriate administrators.
Qualified candidates should apply online and send a current resume to HR@cbc.edu AA/EOE. Non-listed references may be contacted.
Job Status: Part-Time
Job Posted: 11/3/20
Start Date: Spring 2021
Central Baptist College’s Department of Business is currently seeking adjunct faculty members to teach courses in Accounting and Marketing for the Spring 2021 semester.
Job description: Teach one section, Accounting Principles II, a sophomore-level course
Qualifications: The successful candidate should have a working knowledge of Accounting Principles, commitment to high academic standards, dedication to student success, and excellent communication and interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate will be proficient in the use of Cengage Mindtap, Canvas, and Zoom.
Requirements: The minimum requirement is a Master’s degree in Accounting or Business. Work experience in Accounting is desirable. CPA licensure is preferred. Applicants must support the mission of the college.
Job description: Teach one section, Government and Nonprofit Accounting, a senior-level course
Qualifications: The successful candidate should have a working knowledge of Government and Nonprofit Accounting, commitment to high academic standards, dedication to student success, and excellent communication and interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate will be proficient in the use of Canvas and Zoom.
Requirements: The minimum requirement is a Master’s degree in Accounting or Business. Work experience in Accounting, especially government accounting and/or nonprofit accounting, is desirable. CPA licensure is preferred. Applicants must support the mission of the college.
Job description: Teach one section, Marketing Research, a senior-level course
Qualifications: The successful candidate should have a working knowledge of Marketing and Marketing Research, commitment to high academic standards, dedication to student success, and excellent communication and interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate will be proficient in the use of Canvas and Zoom.
Requirements: The minimum requirement is a Master’s degree in Business. Academic emphasis or work experience in Marketing is desirable. Preference will be given to applicants with work experience in Marketing Research. Applicants must support the mission of the college.
Qualified applicants should apply online and submit a current resume and statement of faith to HR@cbc.edu. Non-listed references may be contacted.
Job Status: Part-Time
Start Date: TBD
Dining Services Job Description
Dining Services was established for the purpose/s of providing support to the food service activities at Central Baptist College with specific responsibilities for preparing and serving food items to students and/or school personnel and maintaining food service facilities in a safe and sanitary condition.
Oversees the preparation, cooking, and serving of food (regular food items, special diets, students with allergies, etc.) for the purpose of providing students and staff with food of high nutritious quality as well as meeting individual needs. Prepares food and beverage items according to standardized recipes and established food preparation procedures.
Skills are required to perform single tasks using existing skills. Specific skill-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: adhering to safety practices; quality cooking; and operating equipment found in a commercial kitchen.
Cleans utensils, equipment, and storage, food preparation and serving areas for the purpose of maintaining required sanitary conditions.
Maintains equipment, storage, food preparation and serving areas in a sanitary condition for the purpose of complying with current health standards.
Other responsibilities include working under direct supervision using standardized procedures. The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions require the following physical demands: significant lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some climbing and balancing; frequent stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity. The job is performed under some temperature extremes and under conditions with some exposure to risk of injury and/or illness.
Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit. Performs other duties as requested by supervisor.
Cook Experience Required
Serve Safe Certification preferred but not required
Qualified candidates should apply online. CBC Human Resources 1501 College Ave, Conway, AR 72034. AA/EOE. Non-listed references may be contacted.