Contact our Admissions Staff
The following are benefits that Central Baptist College offers to all our service men and women to provide the best college experience necessary for you as our way of saying “Thank you” for all you do for our country.
Military Benefits at CBC
- Veteran Discount:
- for those students receiving Federal Tuition Assistance (FTA). CBC will provide a general Veteran discount equivalent to the remaining tuition cost up to 16 credit hours per the military fiscal year (OCT – SEPT)
- for those students receiving Chapter 1606 GI Bill®: CBC will provide a general Veteran discount equivalent to the remaining tuition costs up to 65%
- for those students receiving other types of military benefits: CBC may provide a general Veteran discount equivalent to the remaining tuition cost (Contact the Associate Director of PACE Enrollment for Military Relations to confirm eligible benefits)
- Veterans not using military benefits: CBC will provide a general Veteran discount equivalent to tuition reduction of 25%
- Veterans discounts will be applied after all military aid, and/or Pell Grant or any other eligible federal or state grant or scholarship is applied
- Veterans discounts are provided for the equivalent of tuition costs only, not including fees
- Note: In order to be eligible for the tuition discounts, military students must (1) complete the FAFSA annually and (2) receive annual benefit counsel by the institution’s VA Certifying Official or Director of Military Relations to maximize their military benefits
- Federal Tuition Assistance (FTA):
- students utilizing FTA need to provide the Business Office with FTA approval forms prior to the payment deadline date
- the student’s account balance will not reflect FTA until payment is received. However, the received approval form will permit attendance to class until FTA funds are applied
- Convenient Class Format:
- 5 week courses taken one at a time
- Online and live hybrid Online courses for extreme flexibility
- Evening classes 6-10 pm CST on campus
- Full time Veteran advisers on staff:
- Associate Director of PACE Enrollment for Military Relations – student advising of degree options, application process as well as the military aid benefits, and VA Certifying Official.
- VA Certifying Official – military financial assistance, advises military students in creating schedules, ensures classes apply to degree plan, processes enrollment certifications to VA
- Process enrollment certifications:
- VA GI Bill Education Benefits including Post 9/11 (Chapter 33)
- Montgomery GI Bill® – Active Duty (Chapter 30)
- Montgomery GI Bill® – Select Reserve (Chapter 1606)
- Reserve Educational Assistance Program (Chapter 1607)
- Survivors & Dependents Assistance (Chapter 35)
- VA Vocational Rehabilitation (chapter 31)
- Yellow Ribbon Program participation:
- for qualifying students; the Yellow Ribbon Program may make additional funds available for your education program without an additional charge to your GI Bill® entitlement.
*GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).