GRADUATION August 8, 2020
There will be two ceremonies, graduates should arrive at their appointment time.
The first six graduates in each ceremony will arrive 15-30 minutes before the start of each graduation ceremony (9-11 or 1-3).
The rest of the graduates will arrive at their appointment times.
- Cords (if applicable)
- Masks for you and your guests
You and your family will be greeted by a Graduation Appointment Coordinator at the west entrance (the one closest to the Library) of the Cooper Complex parking lot.
The appointment coordinator will check you in by completing the following steps
- Taking your name and the number in your party that you originally verified on the call.
- Verify your phone number.
- Direct you to park between the Mabee Student Services/Story Library.
- The Chief Marshall will be notified of your arrival and you will be directed where to meet your usher.
Once you receive a text message to enter the Cooper Complex
- You and your family will be greeted by the usher on the west entrance to the Cooper Complex.
- The usher will give everyone in your party a graduation program
- Hand a name card to you
- Provide masks as needed to anyone who forgot to bring one
- Provide disposable gloves to you, and
- Lead you and your group to the holding room.
The Chief Marshall will notify the holding room usher that you are on your way. The holding room usher will greet you and your family. Each holding room will have your picture on the screen congratulating you! Pictures can be taken while you wait.
When it is your time, you will be directed to the Burgess Auditorium. (Each holding room will be disinfected after each party leaves to prepare it for the next group.)
You and your family will be greeted by Dr. McAllister, and he will take your name card and practice pronouncing your name and lead the group into the Auditorium.
Masks will be required for everyone at the event. Disposable gloves will be worn by the graduate and President Kimbrow to prevent contamination when they shake hands and receive the diploma cover.
You will be allowed 24 guests. These guests will be seated on the front row of the Auditorium.
Faculty will be seated in the auditorium with social distancing in mind to support you during your graduation time.
A cleaning crew will clean the auditorium seats after each mini ceremony for your protection.
After receiving your diploma cover from the President, you and your family will be ushered to the Watkins Academic Building parking and led to the Bell Tower for a photo opportunity with your family.
Contact your Graduation Coordinator with any further questions